PHYSIOTHERAPY SERVICES > Women’s & Men’s Pelvic Health
Women’s, Men’s and Pelvic Health Physiotherapy is a highly specialised area of physiotherapy. It covers a wide range of disorders including:
– Bladder and/or Bowel dysfunction
– Pelvic Organ Prolapse
– Pregnancy related musculoskeletal dysfunction, and exercise advice
– Post-natal related musculoskeletal dysfunction, rectus abdominal separation, breast feeding issues including engorgement/mastitis and advice with returning to exercise
– Pelvic pain
– Coccygeal pain
– Dysparaenia (pain with intercourse)
– Erectile dysfunction
– Musculoskeletal and pelvic floor muscle dysfunction following breast or gynaecological cancer treatment, prostate or abdominal surgery
– Specific exercise programming at all stages of life including programming for pregnancy, post-pregnancy, menopause and osteoporosis/osteopoenia
Pelvic pain is a very generic statement for a very complex issue. Pelvic pain is defined as any type of pain or discomfort in the lower abdomen to groin region between the hips and into the genitals. Pain experienced in the pelvis can be constant, intermittent or only come on with certain activities ie. Sexual activity.
Our physiotherapist, Marika Hart, who is a APA Titled Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist and a post-graduate cert. Continence & Pelvic Health. Marika has been working with Pelvic health patients for the past 10 years and is very passionate about helping men and women.